What are the benefits for our community?
We'll rely on farmers providing free wayleaves to allow cable to be laid under their land.
There are impressive benefits for the community with Fibre to the Home broadband:
- Everyone in the community can benefit because we can connect every property, however remote, i.e. no-one left out;
- Reverses the rural/urban divide for broadband connectivity speeds;
- For Businesses - improved broadband speeds and a stable connection resulting in increased productivity and potential growth;
- Creates opportunities for new types of rural businesses, including start-ups from home;
- For Children - better access to school homework, play games, access on-line entertainment, etc;
- For the elderly - allows access to new technology to live more independently;
- Increases existing opportunities for home working, saving time and reducing commuting;
- For the whole Family - provides additional bandwidth to meet the needs for family leisure activities such as streaming films and music, gaming, shopping etc.;
- Enhances the value/saleability of your home. Estate agents continue to report that buyers are prepared to pay for a property with good broadband connectivity;
- Provides an alternative for telephony services;
- Creates speedier access for "cloud" storage;
- Provides the necessary technology to efficiently operate 4K TV and future television broadcasting via the internet requiring greater bandwidth;
- Can readily be upgraded to provide 10Gbps, 100Gbps or even faster connections to properties in the future - making it future-proofed for generations.
Read more about how the Our Proposal works, and how you could help as a Landowner or Volunteer. (We are still to finalise investment options.) Please then Register an Interest. You are under no obligation whatsoever by doing this.